Thursday, March 22, 2012

TheAdams: Coors Brewery Tour

So I've been on quite a few brewery tours. I pretty much make it a point to visit the local brewery for any place I visit. So I figured I knew what I was in for when we decided to tour the Coors Brewery in Golden while Trish's brother and sister-in-law visited us last weekend.
I was wrong.


This place was massive. (the largest single location brewery in the world to be precise) I was in amazement as we walked through our audio assisted, tour-guideless, tour. There was staff throughout, in case you had questions, which I did. You would be amazed at how many different brands of beer are actually brewed by coors. (I didn't know that they brewed the Blue Moon beers) The only thing we missed out on was the bottling. It was down for maintainence.


Now the best part. So most brewery's let you sample a little of their beer after you've been through the tour. Not Coors. They give you three full beers. Yeah, THREE. Can you hear singing? Wait, there's more.... they don't even require you to go on the tour to get the beer. You can just go to Coors brewery and get three free beers. I know this might not be worth it for some, but we're on a student budget and this opens up worlds for me.



Now, I do love microbrews and their tours, but if you're ever here in Denver I would highly recommend checking out the Coors tour. It's a nice change of pace in the world of brewery tours.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment