Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sip Guru: Sumo's Sweet Stuff


I'll let you in on a little secret: there's a part of me that has always wanted to be a talk show host. 
How great would it be to have a career where someone makes you look fabulous, 
and you spend your morning sipping a latte and talking to famous people or good friends 
who have something relative and exciting to share with you?

Well unfortunately, this is not my full time job,
and I can promise I don't look fabulous sitting here in my sweats and ponytail,
BUT I do get to share our someone really great with you 
and she is going to share something relative and super exciting...


 Meet Summer of Sumo's Sweet Stuff, our very first Sip Guru!

She does tons of fun craft tutorials on Tuesdays,
 (This Lace Ruffle Skirt is enough to make me want to board the baby train)
and has a bunch of great bites ideas on Wednesdays to pair with your drinks
 (Seriously, how great does Chocolate Covered Bacon sound?)

And best of all, she shares our love of Diet Coke, so we knew she had to be great!
 We know you'll love her too:


Hello everyone!


I'm Sumo! Well, my real name is Summer, but my husband nicknamed me Sumo when we were dating. (Yes, I still married him!)


I blog over at a little place called Sumo's Sweet Stuff.

Sumo's Sweet Stuff




It's a blog I started to share my crafting and creating. I also like to host giveaways, feature other bloggers, and maybe share some crazy ramblings about how much I love Diet Coke, or my relationships with Veronica and Lucy (my sewing machine and Silhouette). I started sewing about a year and a half ago, and I haven't looked back since! It's probably my favorite creative past time now, especially since I've got two little girls and a third one on the way!





Every Monday is Market Yourself Monday, where you can link up your latest projects, and visit other blogs to get some inspiration!
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
I was excited when Kirstin asked me to share a drink recipe over here. There's one frozen dessert drink that I make that my husband is crazy about; if I had been making it before we got married, I might have thought that's why he married me!
Frozen Hot Chocolate.

It might be chilly where you are living right now, but don't brush this drink aside because of that. It just gives you an excuse to snuggle up with your sweetheart while indulging in a fantastic dessert. Maybe while watching your favorite Christmas movie. (Which, in case you are wondering, should be White Christmas).

Here's what you need:
- 6 oz Hershey's chocolate bar (the huge bars are 7 oz. so I usually just use a whole one of those - it can't hurt, right?)
- 2 t hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 T sugar
1 1/2 c milk
Start off by melting your chocolate bar. Be careful not to burn it!

Stir in your hot chocolate mix and sugar.

Add 1/2 c milk.

Put it in the blender and add your remaining 1 c of milk.

Blend with 3 c of ice, or however much ice you want!

Top with whipped cream (if you like it, I personally don't, but I know I'm in the minority!). If you save a little of your chocolate bar, you could also shave some of it on top of your whipped cream.

Yum!

Enjoy!









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment